1. ***REQUEST TO PARTICIPATE*** The IMLCC is working with our vendor Mocingbird to develop an Enhanced Physician Portal (EPP). Part of that process is gaining feedback from the people that use the IMLCC process. To sign up for a 1:1 Feedback session so that you can share your thoughts on the portal's usability and how we can make it better for you, click on this link - IMLCC/Mocingbird EPP Feedback
2. ***NEW*** The Commissioners of the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact Commission (IMLCC) held their annual meeting on Tuesday, November 14, 2023. Part of the meeting included the election of officers, who assumed their positions at the conclusion of the meeting. Congratulations to Commissioner Karen Silas from Alabama who was elected Chair, Commissioner Jake Manahan from Minnesota who was elected Vice Chair, and Commissioner Ken Cleveland from Mississippi who was re-elected Treasurer.
3. ***NEW*** An independent research paper titled "Access to Care and Physician-Practice Growth after the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact" has been published. The paper was the work of Drs. Darwyyn Deyo, Sriparna Ghosh, and Alicia Plemmons. Please contact Dr. Deyo directly with questions or for more infomation about the paper at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The paper focused on the economic impacts of a state joining the IMLCC - with one of the findings that physician practices increase, on average of 600 per year. To read the entire paper, please click on this link: Access to Care.
4. ***New*** Press Release - The IMLCC is pleased to announce a partnership with Mocingbird to build and implement the Enhanced Physician Portal (EPP). The EPP will be a single, online source for physician license information. To read the press release, please click on this link: IMLCC - Mocingbird.
5. ***New*** IMLC Rule Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6 were amended at the rulemaking hearing held on 11/14/2023. The new rules can be found by clicking the "IMLC Commission" tab in the blue line above, then selecting the "Compact Policies, Rules and Laws" option.
6. A Data Study on new physician licenses issued and the IMLCC's growing impact. This is a comparative data study with information about calendar years 2019 to 2022. In 2022, over 17% of the new physician licenses issued nation-wide were through the IMLCC process. During that same year, the IMLCC process accounted for 31% of the new licenses issued by member boards. Click here to read the final report - New License Data Study
7. Heroes in Healthcare's podcast launched on November 7, 2023 - Episode #71 called "Bridging the Gap: IMLC's Quest for Healthcare Accessibility." Use this link to access the episode on Apple or Spotify.
U.S. State Participation in the Compact
- = Compact Legislation Introduced (3 states fall under this category - MA, NY, NC)
- = IMLC Member State serving as State of Principal License (SPL) processing applications and issuing licenses (31 States, DC, and Guam fall under this category)*
- = IMLC Member State implementation mixed - MD Board is serving as SPL processing applications and issuing licenses - DO Board is serving as non-SPL issuing licenses only. (No states fall under this category)*
- = IMLC Member State non-SPL issuing licenses ONLY. (3 States fall under this category - AL, CT, VT)*
- = IMLC Passed; Implementation In Process or Delayed. (5 states fall under this category - HI, MO, NJ, PA, RI)*
* Questions regarding the current status and extent of these states' and boards' participation in the IMLC can be directed to the respective state boards.