Compact Eligibility Requirements:
- You must hold a full, unrestricted medical license in a Compact Member State that are available to serve as an SPL(please see map on home page).
AND at least one of the below must apply: (SPL Qualification-section 4.3(a))
a. Your primary residence is in the SPL(State of Principal Licensure)
b. At least 25% of your practice of medicine occurs in the SPL
c. Your employer is located in the SPL
d. You use the SPL as your state of residence for U.S. federal income tax purposes
You must maintain your SPL status at all times. You may re-designate your SPL after receiving your original Letter of Qualification.
- Have graduated from an accredited medical school, or a school listed in the International Medical Education Directory
- Successful completion of ACGME or AOA accredited graduate medical education
- Passed each component of the USMLE, COMLEX-USA, or equivalent in no more than three attempts
- Hold a current specialty certification or time-unlimited certification by an ABMS or AOABOS board
- Must not have any history of disciplinary actions toward your medical license
- Must not have any criminal history
- Must not have any history of controlled substance actions toward your license
- Must not currently be under investigation
Be advised that each physician is responsible to make a self-determination of eligibility prior to applying to the IMLCC and to understand the Compact rules. For further clarification please read the Compact definitions and language in the Rules here
After issuing a license to a physician holding a letter of qualification, the issuing medical board may ask for additional, ancillary information to fulfill the requirements of their respective medical practice act and their operational requirements. The license holder is required to comply with these requests, and failure to do so may result in action against the license by the issuing board. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!